What Is Plastic Surgery?
Plastic surgery involves the surgical reconstruction of different areas of your body. Plastic surgery can help to enhance your original features, improve the way you look and improve self-esteem. Whether you are interested in cosmetic surgery due to birth defects, burns, disease or for personal cosmetic reasons, the results can boost your self-confidence and provide you with an entirely different outlook on life. There are many surgical and non-surgical options that can correct disfigurements or enhance your appearance. Some of the most popular plastic surgery procedures include:
- Breast Augmentation
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Non-surgical procedures, such as CoolSculpting® and Spider Vein Removal
Am I the Right Candidate for Plastic Surgery?
It is completely natural to wonder if plastic surgery is the right choice for you; almost everyone has something they want to change about their body. Miami plastic surgeon Adam J. Rubinstein, M.D., F.A.C.S., often consults with men and women who wonder if they are good candidates for various procedures that interest them. The best way to determine if you are a good candidate for a cosmetic procedure is to request a consultation with Dr. Rubinstein, who will provide you with a personal evaluation and recommendation based on your personal cosmetic goals. Before your plastic surgery consultation, it is beneficial to learn a little about what makes a good candidate. In general, good candidates are:
- Informed: you should know the details of the procedure you are considering, including the preparation and recovery time.
- Emotionally stable: it is important to understand that it is appropriate to choose plastic surgery to look and feel healthier, but thinking the surgery will fix all of your life problems, is not appropriate.
- Healthy lifestyle: it is important to the success of your surgery to maintain a lifestyle that includes a healthy diet, exercise and avoiding unhealthy behaviors.
Most people considering cosmetic surgery are interested for the right reasons. They live a healthy life and maintain the characteristics that are important for a successful procedure. The most important thing to remember is that as a potential plastic surgery patient, cosmetic procedures change how you look physically, and you will have an increase in self-esteem, but cosmetic procedures cannot change the opinions others have of you. Cosmetic procedures are designed to help how you see yourself, not how others see you.If you live in the Miami-Dade County area and are considering plastic surgery and want to learn more about your options, contact Dr. Rubinstein at his Aventura office to schedule a consultation.