ThermiVa® in Miami, FL
Many female residents of Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and South Florida have problems with vaginal laxity, sexual dysfunction, and related problems. Advances in technology during the past few years have made it possible to treat these problems quickly and painlessly. Adam J. Rubinstein, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs ThermiVa™ at his Aventura practice.
What Is ThermiVa®?
ThermiVa® is a non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedure. Dr. Rubinstein was one of the first plastic surgeons in Florida to offer the ThermiVa® procedure to patients and is still one of the only doctor performing the procedure in the Miami area. ThermiVa® uses a radiofrequency device to treat the following conditions in a fast and painless way with thermal heating:
- Vaginal laxity
- Orgasm problems
- Vaginal dryness
- Sexual Function
- Leaky bladder
- Urinary Incontinence
During menopause, women can go through problems such as incontinence, dryness in the vagina, and laxity in the vagina. These are all part of the birth process and aging, but many women wish to avoid these problems.
Our patients love ThermiVa® because the procedure is comfortable, requires no downtime, and is not surgical. This system uses controlled thermal energy to help minimize side effects and even make cosmetic enhancements to the labia.
Treatments with ThermiVa® will usually take place with a set of three treatments, administered individually, every three to four weeks.
Patients may notice real improvement after the first session. After the initial three sessions are complete, some patients may continue with a course of maintenance treatments every 9 to 12 months.
Clinical trials have shown ThermiVa® to bring improvement to at least one or more of these symptoms:
- Sexual Dysfunction: ThermiVa® strengthens muscular contractions and also increases the sensitivity of the vagina’s soft tissue.
- Laxity in the Labia and Vulva: Sagging is noticeably reduced with just three initial ThermiVa® treatments.
- Laxity in the Vagina: The ThermiVa® treatment can help to tighten the vaginal opening, the introitus, and the entire length of her vaginal canal.
- Vulvar Dryness or Atrophic Vaginitis: ThermiVa® treatments can thicken the skin and make it softer to relieve dryness, without the use of hormone therapy.
- Moderate or Mild Symptoms of Stress-Related Incontinence: Treatments administered along with Kegel exercises can reduce leakage of urine, feeling of urgency or other incontinence problems, without the need for mesh slings.
How Does ThermiVa® Work?
ThermiVa® is typically done in a series of three treatments every three to four weeks. ThermiVa® treatment involves warming the temperature of the vaginal tissue and labia. A special applicator is gently moved over the labia and inner tissue heating the surface slowly. Stimulation of tissue results in increased collagen production and tightening of the tissue. No anesthesia is needed. Patients experience no pain and have no downtime whatsoever. While full results take more than one treatment appointment, many patients notice improvement after just one visit.
Who Needs Treatment For Vaginal Laxity?
Women who have experienced multiple vaginal deliveries are often at risk for vaginal laxity. Laxity can also come from:
- Too much lifting and straining
- Frequent constipation
- Being obese
- The aging process
- Any activities that stretch the vagina beyond its normal capacity
Who Are The Best Candidates For Treatment With ThermiVa®?
Dr. Rubinstein recommends ThermiVa® for women who
- Experience vaginal laxity and a feeling of looseness (for any kind of reason)
- Feel unhappy about the appearance of the labia majora
- Experience sexual dysfunction and problems with orgasm
- Have a pelvic prolapse such as a fallen rectum or bladder
- Have a hard time keeping in tampons
- Experience urinary leakage
- Are in menopause and have dryness in the labia or vagina
Does The Treatment Require Anesthetics?
No. No anesthetics are needed as this treatment uses a controlled temperature that is comfortable for the patient.
How Long Does The Treatment Take?
On average, the treatment will take 15 minutes (no longer) for reduction of the labia majora, and an added 15 minutes for vaginal tightening.
What Is The Expected Downtime?
There is really no downtime for ThermiVa®. Patients may resume sexual activity the same day as the treatment sessions.
Do The Results Last?
After the initial three procedures are completed, results will typically last 9 to 12 months. The procedure can be repeated each year to maintain the results.
How Much Does ThermiVa® Cost?
Most health insurance providers will not provide coverage for the costs of ThermiVa®. To make your procedure more affordable, Dr. Rubinstein proudly offers financing options for all of his patients. His office also accepts cash, personal checks, and credit cards.
If you are experiencing vaginal laxity or related problems, it might be appropriate for you to consider getting ThermiVa®. To find out more, contact Dr. Rubinstein at his Aventura practice if you live in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, or South Florida.