Fun fact to start: Did you know that your co-scribes originally met because of a plastic surgeon?
Circa 1992 or 3, Dana served as the big deal Beauty Director at W magazine, the smartest and most luxe publication covering fashion, beauty, the arts, philanthropy, bling, and subjects of interest to discerning women.
If you’ve ever seen Baby Boom, it’s the magazine Diane Keaton’s “Tiger Lady” management-consulting character is reading in bed for real estate inspo.
Back then, I was repping a plastic surgeon who was among the first doing chemical peels on the skin to erase years of damage, and probably at the time, the only one with a publicist. Read the full article on FloridaBeautyProblems.com.
Background: Providers turn to Groupon to attract new patientsGroupon is a coupon website that sells discounts for various services and goods. Health-related Groupon deals first became popular between 2011 and 2013, when websites like Groupon were at peak popularity. Patients today can find Groupon deals for everything from ultrasounds to heart scans and full-body CT-scans. Read the full article on Advisory.com.
They say the doctor had already been warned.
Officials suspect Florida doctor Francesann Ford injected her plastic surgery patients with fake Botox from China even after the Food and Drug Administration told her to stop, the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported. Authorities raided Ford’s Coral Springs office earlier this week as part of a year-long investigation into her practices, local news reports say. Read the full article on the Washington Post.
But the well-known plastic surgeon says abuse in the field remains prevalent.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Adam J. Rubinstein discuss the following:
1. Tell me about your practice – areas of expertise, where you are located and how long have you been practicing and why you chose your profession?
2. I know you are a patient advocate – tell me what people should watch out for; and be aware of when choosing plastic surgery procedures?
3. What are some of the most innovative and exciting new procedures you are doing non-invasive and others?
4. How has social media impacted the plastic surgery business?
5. What else do you want to share with people when choosing plastic surgery and how can people reach you and find you?